Saturday, April 26, 2008

Arson Fire Damages Massage Parlor

On April 26, 1998 at 6:50 a.m., two employees spotted a fire in the lobby of the Presidential Suite, 7775 Old Scotland Road, Southampton Franklin. An arson fire damaged the first floor of the 1-½ story frame massage parlor. Portions of the first floor suffered heavy fire damage and the remainder of the first floor sustained smoke and water damage. Firefighters from four companies had the fire under control in 20 minutes. Damages were estimated at $70,000. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm.

3 comments:

Wagon Master In Training said...

This was my third run as a driver and my first REAL fire. The other two runs were a dumpster and trash. Beside the fact that this was my first fire as a driver. There will be only one memory worth while remembering. My little brother on the roof cutting a hole for ventilation. Then posing with the "Live Dancer's" sign after the cut for a photo opt.

Anonymous said...

Now that is a pic that would be interesting to see

Brad Myers said...

Never got to cut a hole in that type of establishment, I would have preferred to work inside on this job. Did get to crack a roof in the uptown one 4th of July with fireworks going off in the sky. I think they sent them up for the job Brian and I were doing, LOL.