Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bard Road Barn Burns


On April 12, 1982 at 3:13 p.m. a 52 box was alerted for Bard Road (just off Rt. 696) in Shippensburg Township for a barn fire. A fire of undetermined origin destroyed a barn and its contents. Responding units could see smoke from their quarters. Almost 100 firefighters from six companies battled the blaze for about four hours. Firefighters were able to utilize a hydrant near College Park apartments to battle the blaze. Damages were estimated at $70,000. Lost along with the building were a corn picker, grain drill, hay bine and hay. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look the day of the SEAGRAVE. That's all I have to say.

Brad Myers said...

Yes I thought by now the Wagon Master would have been on that, he must be slipping. I figured someone would be posting about the MPO with his arm up, I know who it is but I figured I would let people guess awhile.

Anonymous said...

Is it Chet Summerville?

Wagon Master In Training said...

I had posted something else, but I could not edit it. I was out of town this past weekend. Didn't get a chance to post until now. They just don't buld them like that anymore. I have one question. What makes a playground equipment builder qualified to build fire engines and fire trucks?

Brad Myers said...

Yes Sparky it is Chet.

Don't worry WM I deleted the two empty comments you left. And by the way, its my site and I can't edit my comments, hence the misplelled words. I never was very good with the english language. Who builds playground equipment? And I don't want to hear anyone complain, I drive a KME, God I hope they hire an engineer this decade.