Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nothing Major Happened On This Date...



On this date no major incidents occurred in or around Shippensburg. In the past I would spotlight a rig or station but I did not have a chance to get anything ready with the busy week I am having. So for today I will just be posting the three photographs Patrick Shoop sent me a few months ago. This was a bucket brigade in Newville sometime in the early 70’s (that would be 1970’s for you youngins that want to be smart). In the first photo Tommy Murray can be seen with a bucket on the far left and Mick Shoop is in the brown shirt on the ladder. The second photo Gerald Holtry is in the blue at the bottom of the ladder and in the third and last photograph from the bottom of the ladder up is Mick Shoop, Dick Stouffer, Walter Crusey and I can’t tell who is on the platform but it sure looks like my grandfather Bill Smith.

If anyone else out there has any old photographs they would like to share with the group feel free to pass them along and I will get them posted. This concludes the five Patrick sent me, thanks again Pat. Sorry I didn't feature a rig I am working a little different this week detailed to teach pump operations to a new group of drivers so time has been short.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad , the guy on the top I think might be Tom Murray Sr.
He was really great about jumping in and having fun at the pumping contests with the young guys.
Ask Tommy he might remember.

Anonymous said...

I think the other bucket carrier is Dave Byers and the catcher of the buckets in the turnouts might be Fuzz.

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Seagrave, we know Fuzz was there by the group shot but I could not tell by the photo. And that may be T Sr. on top, I just seen the grey hair and glasses.