Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fire Causes $600,000 In Damage To Porter’s Furniture

On January 5, 1996 at 10:03 a.m. firefighters were alerted to a structure fire at Porter’s Furniture Store, 7960 Molly Pitcher Highway, Southampton Franklin. An electrical malfunction sparked a blaze that destroyed a front showroom and damaged merchandise in the large one and a half story brick business. The entire building suffered smoke damage. One firefighter was transported to Chambersburg Hospital after a portion of the ceiling collapsed on him. Twelve companies battled the $600,000 blaze. The West End Fire and Rescue, Vigilant Hose and Cumberland Valley Hose companies operated at the scene.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CW Here again!
I think to whole crew should be proud of this one. Knowing the building construction and the fire conditions, this could have been a Charleston repeat. Great job guys!
CW

Jonesy said...

Thanks Chief,not bad for a bunch young pups huh! Brad just wanted you to know how much I appreciate the memories and the history lessons thank you!!

Brad Myers said...

Thanks Eric, I understand you check out the other site often also, I hope you are enjoying too.

Jonesy said...

I check it every day also and yes I do enjoy it very much. I swear that camera does magic, you have some terific shots.