Monday, May 26, 2008

Community Ambulance Completes First Year Of Service

On Thursday May 26, 1932 the Cumberland Valley Hose Company Community Ambulance completed exactly one year of service to Shippensburg and the surrounding community. In the year the ambulance made 85 trips and massed over 4,000 miles.

This photograph appeared in The News Chronicle on May 26, 1967. Pictured are the officers of the Vigilant Ladies Auxiliary. Seated from left to right are Dolores Myers, president; Blanche Mastalski, vice president; Nancy Holtry, treasurer. Standing left to right is Evelyn Helm and Catherine Sanders, trustees and Nancy Thompson, secretary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad do you have much history on the Ladies Auxiliary? If you do can you tell me when my mother was President. Thanks

Brad Myers said...

Sparky, give me a chance to pull the Auxiliary book, I should have that information and I will get back to you.

It is a good thing you post comments on here, I think everyone else that looks is dead or can't type. It gets depressing sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Brad , I lack typing skills and speling. But I do well with pictures which you do really well with.

mysis said...

Brad, I finally signed up to leave you comments. like this picture of mom and the other ladies, hard to believe, but I remember all of them.

Brad Myers said...

Sorry it took a few days Sparky, I loose touch with reality when summer arrives. A few more years and everyday will be summer. Frances was the president in 1975 and it looks like 1976 also. I think only those two years, 1977 & 78 little appeared on the ladies in the news papers.

Sis, you don't have to sign up to comment, just click the dot beside the anonymous below.