Monday, December 22, 2008

Pizza Hut Destroyed, Three Firefighters Injured

On December 22, 2004 at 2:55 a.m. Shippensburg firefighters were sent to the Pizza Hut, 815 West King Street for a building fire. Fire destroyed the local Pizza Hut. When the first firefighter arrived flames had already taken control of the building. An offensive attack was attempted but quickly abandoned. Three firefighters were injured; two of them were transported to Chambersburg Hospital. A damage estimate was not available. Firefighters from four companies had the blaze under control within one hour and remained on the scene until around 7 a.m. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,
Just wanted to say I'm still out here, still enjoying the history. I also want to wish you and your family and all the others that follow your blog a Safe and Merry Chrismas.
Kenny Nehf Jr

Anonymous said...

As I have told you in the past,I review these sites every day, Now that I have a real job,I can't look at them until late night. Also as I have told face to face you have two great sites. Love reviewing the history of the SFD & the nature site. you have never put any thing on these sites that wasn't worth looking.
South Queen Street Station
(The home of the Wagon's)