Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Barn Destroyed


On April 14, 1977 at 4:26 p.m. firefighters were alerted to a barn fire at Shippensburg Star Route 3. A fire of undetermined origin destroyed a barn and its contents. Lost in the fire were 13 head of cattle and farm machinery. A shed and woodpile were also damages. Firefighters from three companies battled the blaze for nearly two hours. A damage estimate was not available. The Vigilant Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies assisted at the scene along with units from Pleasant Hall.

8 comments:

Lil' Dale said...

Brad who are the guys in the pics?

Sparky said...

The one on the nozzle looks like jeff Washinger and the one behind the nozzle looks like T.J. I know this was before his time, but it does look like him.

Lil' Dale said...

I thought the guy on the nozzle was Spotts and I thought that too about TJ.

E4 Lt said...

before my time, i didn't get to west end till 81, the dude on the pipe is def JW, he had a afro then... should know the other 2 but memory is gone..

Unknown said...

Jeff Washinger on the nob
Mike Warner
Jack Craig

Would be my guess

Cincy Bill

Anonymous said...

Brett Black is the third guy on the line.

Seagrave said...

Ok Guys my guess is the guy behind Jeff is George Spease, and I would agree that Jack Craig is the # 3 man.
On the top picture I think the Chief is George Jones.

Brad Myers said...

Cincy Bill had two out of three right, from left to right is Jack Craig, center Mike Warner but the guy on the pipe is not Jeff Washinger, it is Walter "Fuzz" Garrett.

Seagrave is correct on the top photo, the guy in the white is George Jones.

Wow! seven comments, I guess someone is looking at the site. Thanks for leting me know you are out there.