Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On this day October 10

Oct. 10, 1964 1100 a.m. Holtry's Garage in Roxbury a flash fire caused heavy damage to three automobiles and destroyed some of the equipment in the garage. A damage estimate was not available. The Vigilant Hose Company answered the alarm.

This blog is dedicated to the past, present and future firefighters of the Shippensburg Fire Department.

I will attempt to post every day about an incident that occurred in the Shippensburg area on that date in the past. Some days I will post photographs and occasionally I will pick a piece of fire apparatus operated by the SFD and post photos and history of the rig. I will occasionally post incidents from Cumberland or Franklin County that have significant historical value.

The comment section is open to anyone wanting to comment, all are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad, I finally found the site, pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing more. Todd