Thursday, October 11, 2007

On this day October 11

October 11, 1942 shortly before 9:00 p.m. a fire of undetermined origin completely destroyed a barn and a car on the property Landis Smith 435 East King Street. The Vigilant Hose and Cumberland Valley Hose Companies answered the alarm, but the fire had gained considerable headway before there arrival. Flames were visible over much of the town. The C.V.'s would have answered the alarm with their 1937 Ward LaFrance shown here at the PPP in July 2006.



4 comments:

Brian Bastinelli said...

Great idea for a new blog!

That's a great image also. How do you make it look like that!?!

Brad Myers said...

Glad you like the idea, I hope others do also.

I can't tell you how I do it, it's a trade secret, LOL.

Hurry back, I guess you are on your way today.

Haney said...

Good idea, I'll be checking this one daily also. If you need anything from me let me know. The wierd thing is My post today is a picture of the fountain behind the Capitol building.
Haney

Wagon Master In Training said...

Brad, its is great to sse you back posting the history of the department.