Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mobile Home Gutted In Shippensburg Mobile Estates

On March 1, 1979 at 3:19 p.m. a 52 box was dispatched for Lot 115 Shippensburg Mobile Estates. An accidental fire gutted the kitchen and caused extensive heat and smoke damage to the occupied mobile home. Firefighters had the fire under control quickly and remained on the scene until 5:15 p.m. A damage estimate was not available. The Vigilant Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm.

I didn't mention yesterday that when I have a day in which no major incident occurred in or around Shippensburg I will post a detailed history along with multiple photographs of a Shippensburg rig or fire station. Yesterday's just happened to be the first, I believe this will occur about 10 to 15 times during the year. For those that already read yesterdays post I added one sentence concerning the building of the rig for Morningside.

No comments: