Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stable And Carriage House Destroyed

On March 22, 1880 at 9:00 p.m. the cry of fire was raised. Firemen soon learned the cause for alarm was in the alley to the rear of King Street, just off Railroad Street. An arson fire destroyed a stable and carriage house along with hay, straw, corn and oats. The horses, wagons and carriages were saved. Firemen were on the scene quickly with a stream on each building. A damage estimate was not available. The Vigilant Fire and Cumberland Valley Fire companies answered the alarm.

No comments: