Thursday, February 19, 2009

Electric Heater Causes House Fire

This photograph was taken two days after the big fire on King Street so I thought I would post it two days later on here also. I hope you enjoyed the photos and video of the King Street fire, there was many more photos that never made it on here. If anyone else has different photos they want to share from the incident please pass them along. I was hoping to hear a few stories from some of the men that worked the fire but I see the comment section is pretty weak these days. I guess it goes back to the saying "wish in one hand and shit in the other, see witch one fills up first".

On February 19, 2001 at 7:48 a.m. firefighters were alerted for a house fire at 1470 Rowe Road, Southampton Franklin. Firefighters arrived with smoke showing from the eves. A malfunctioning electric heater sparked a blaze that damaged a bathroom and attic in an occupied 1-½ story frame house. Firefighters had the fire under control in minutes. Damages were estimated at $10,000. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm along with units from Pleasant Hall and Fayetteville.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me see where I want to start. The pictures and story are great. I seen pictures here that I have never seen of the fire. Not alot of the old guys talk about this fire. Or should I say older guys. because Brad we are the old guys. As for this fire happen today. Well I should keep my mouth shut. But I won't lots and lots and lots of fire trucks. And a ton of fireman standing around doing nothing. Oh and we cannot forget the firepolice on the radio and last but not less EMS. Wear your vest with pride Brad.

Anonymous said...

Brad, wear your vest with pride as you try to burn it up while slayiing the dragon!

WMIT