Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shippensburg EMS Places New Ambulance In Service




The only major incident to occur on this date in the Shippensburg area was in 2000, that call was posted last year.

On Saturday November 15, 2008 Shippensburg EMS housed a new ambulance. The unit is the first new ambulance purchased by the organization since they separated from the Cumberland Valley Hose Company and also the first to sport the company’s new colors of silver, red and blue.

The ambulance was purchased through VCI, Berlin New Jersey and is a 2008 GMC 4500 custom Horton. The unit was placed into service on January 22, 2009 shortly after noon and is designated Ambulance 473. Later that day the unit ran it’s first call in Shippensburg Township.

I would have been nice to post better photos of the unit but this winter has not cooperated. I will post additional photo of the inside and outside sometime in the future. Also the other image was recently purchased by me (it is the first actual photograph I have found of the unit), I thought this would be a good time to post it. It was the first ambulance Shippensburg operated, a 1931 Studebaker. The unit was featured on this site on November 7, 2008 if you follow this link http://shippensburgfiredepartment.blogspot.com/2008/11/cumberland-valleys-1931-studebaker.html it will explain why this photo was taken in Mechanicsburg.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make this short,
Thank you Brad,,

Ragman said...

Wow,
I'm surprised to see Groundhog out in this cold weather. I figured He would still be hibernating until warmer weather.
Congrats Co. 73 on your new purchase. If you get a chance to stop by Headquarters Station with the new ambulance, we'd like to take a peek.
AC-1

Ragman said...

Brad,
Give me a call at work 261-3230 on Monday. Hear you may be in Ship later in the week. Would like to see ya if possible.
Ragman.

Brad Myers said...

Will do Bill, I am daylight also so it will be lunch time or afternoon. Depending on the busy work, you know how management can be, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Is that a sign on the old firehouse for cold beer? Now you got my attention!
TJ

Anonymous said...

I like the last picture of Alma Myers in her uniform,,