Saturday, June 26, 2010
Vigilant Hose Company Chartered
On June 26, 1899 an application for Charter of Corporation was made to the Court of Common Pleas in Cumberland County. The purpose was for the name change to the Vigilant Hose Company, the object of which are the maintenance of a company in the Borough of Shippensburg, for the control of fire and to afford protection against the same, by use of hose and other practical apparatus; and for the purpose to have, posses, and enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Corporation Act of 1874 and its supplements. The charter was effective on June 27. Previously the company was known as the Vigilant Fire Company.