Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fire Damages Home And Barn In North Newton Twp

On November 22, 2006 at 7:01 p.m. Cumberland County 911 dispatched firefighters to 23 Stamy Road, North Newton Township for a barn fire. An electrical failure in a light switch wire caused a fire that destroyed a barn and damaged a house. Firefighters from eight companies operated at the scene for almost four and a half hours. Damages were estimated at $330,000. The Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies assisted at the scene.


It is not often I get to be the first at something, but this time I think I beat everyone to the punch. This is the new Camp Hill truck 14. I had to go to Industrial Motors yesterday and it was in their shop. Not the best of weather for apparatus shooting but I thought I would take a few anyways. The new truck is a 2007 Spartan/Crimson, 100 foot rear mount tower ladder with a 2,000 gallon-per-minute pump and a 300 gallon tank. If I remember correctly this rig was a demonstrator before being purchased by Camp Hill. I do not know anything else about it but I am sure Dale Myers can fill us in since he sold the rig.

No comments: