On March 15, 1912 at 11:00 p.m. fire house bells began tolling for a building fire at 210 West King Street. Vagrants accidentally started a fire that destroyed a frame stable and its contents. A neighboring stable suffered minor damage to the outside before firemen could control the blaze. Damages were estimated at $525. The Vigilant Hose and Cumberland Valley Hose companies answered the alarm.