Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fire In The CV Hose House

The photo and caption tell the story of what occurred on this date in 1975. Also on this day in 1975 the Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies responded to 409 North Morris Street at 5:07 p.m. when a pan of hot grease caught fire and burned the hood over the stove. Then at 10 p.m. the Vigilant Hose and Cumberland Valley Hose companies responded to 111 South Prince Street for a minor fire in a car. Click the photograph to read the caption and view it larger.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

I remember this one. I wasn't a member yet. Happen in what is now the bunkroom, which was the T.V. room at the time.

Unknown said...

I made this call from the WEFR bunkroom. Always loved this picture of Squad 15 parked on the 53's ramp. I used to have the black and white print of this from the Newsless I mean News Chronicle Have a safe and happy Fourth of July holiday. Will be back in Shippensburg next weekend and hope I can see you.

Cincy Bill

Dale Jr(OLDMAN) said...

Yes and Mervin O (RIP) was driving the Squad