Friday, October 10, 2008

Firefighters Respond To Borough Fire

On October 10, 1979 at 5:30 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to 116 East Orange Street for a house fire. A crack in a flue started a fire that did $8,000 damage to an occupied 2-½-story frame house. The fire was confined to the wall around the chimney on the first and second floors. The residents were alerted to the fire when the smoke detectors activated. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose and West End Fire and Rescue companies answered the alarm and remained on the scene for one hour.

Today is the one-year anniversary of the Shippensburg Fire Department blog spot site. I would like to thank everyone that has visited the site and a special thanks to the devoted following and those of you that offer your comments. This is post number 360, I guess I missed a few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job. The blog spot is a highlight in morning. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sparky,
Don't tell Brad that, it will go to his head. He won't be fit to live with. Gotta protect Linda you know!! Anyhow, keep it going, it is one of the best I've seen. Get on it every chance I get.

C.W.

Unknown said...

Brad,

One Year!!! How time flys. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this site. I have to agree with Sparky it is the highlight of my day also.

Again thanks and congrats

Cincy Bill

Anonymous said...

Brad,
Congrats on the First Year, keep it coming. You know I don't comment as often as I should, but I'm still out here sneaking a peek daily. That goes for your other site too. Again, keep up the good work.
Kenny