Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mobile Home Burns In Southampton Cumberland

On May 7, 2007 at 2:55 a.m. firefighters were dispatched to a mobile home fire at 68 Rustic Drive, Southampton Cumberland. Units arrived to find smoke showing and all the occupants outside, thanks to three working smoke detectors. Firefighter were able to rescue two cats from the blaze.

The cause of the fire was electrical in nature, starting in a wall in the living room area. A damage estimate was not available. The Vigilant Hose, Cumberland Valley Hose, West End Fire and Rescue and South Newton Twp. fire companies operated at the scene until 4:45 a.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,
I remember this fire real clearly. I was leaving my house on Holly Ct for a tour in the city and saw the home on fire and called it in.

TJ

Anonymous said...

TJ, If I remember correctly. Chief 252 to HQ priority. I was about the Mason Dixion line when you called this one in.


WMIT